Gmail offers several conveniences for which it is one of the most preferred email services across the world. Among the several benefits that it offers for free to the users, the large storage capacity of the inboxes as well as ability to send across large files through email is major advantages.
If you are planning to send large file attachments through your account, here are the steps to follow:
- You need to log into your account.
- Go to Compose to create a new email message.
- There is the option to attach files at the bottom panel of the message window.
- There are options given for attaching files through Google Drive, from files or drives in the computer or from other sources.
- You can find your file as per the options given and wait for the attachment to be uploaded.
In case it is a large file, you might be restricted in this option as attaching or uploading a file directly limits the file size to 25 MB. Hence, if you are looking to send multiple large files that would exceed this limit, then you need to use Google Drive to send across such large files.
Google Drive is a useful feature, a cloud service that provides large storage capacity to Google users. If you wish to send across large files through Gmail, you can easily do so through Google Drive. The steps to follow are:
- When you log into your Gmail and click on compose to create a new message, you will find the attachment option in the message window in the bottom panel.
- Here you also have the option to send files through Google Drive.
- When you click on Google Drive, you would be sending across a link to the files stored on your Drive.
- You would be asked as to what kind of access you wish to provide to the recipient, whether read only or editable rights.
Through the Google drive feature you will be able to send large files easily, up to 100 GB.