There could be several instances when you might wish to update your account information on Gmail. You might want to save additional details to update your account security settings; alternatively you might wish to change the password or update contact details like a changed phone number or an alternate email address.
If you wish to update your personal profile, details on your account the steps to follow are as given below:
- Log in to your existing account.
- On the email inbox page visit the Settings tab in the top right hand corner.
- Under the Accounts tab you will find “send mail as” section.
- Here you can click on the email address whose profile details you wish to edit.
- You could change the name that appears with your account here.
- If you wish to update your mobile number, you will find a section called “Recovery Phone” under My Account.
- Here you can edit the phone number that was already registered and then followed the instructions for validating the changed phone number.
- Other sections such as alternate email address and other personal information can also be edited under the My Account section in the Settings.
When you make changes in your profile information, ensure that you save the changes. You can also make multiple account profile changes by using the Accounts and Import tab under Settings in the email inbox page.
The above steps show how you can update or make profile information change even after you have an active account. This helps one to keep their profile and personal information updated so that the information can be used to help users recover their account in case they have forgotten their account password. It also provides Google more details about users. One can also add on further information, including updating their profile picture as and when they wish to by accessing their Account settings.