There are many ways to make your profile appealing and informative. As it also provides you access to Google+ which is a social media feature, having your picture on Gmail leads to automatic additions to your Google+ account as well.
There are several advantages of having a picture on your account:
- It helps to add an authentic and personalized touch to your account.
- You can add a personal or a professional touch to your account as per the kind of correspondence you conduct through that account.
There are simple ways to add your picture to your account. You could do it at the time of forming your Google account or add or edit it later as well:
- When you are on your account page, visit the settings section on the top right corner.
- Here you will find “My Picture” option.
- You can opt to change picture.
- Alternately, you could visit plus.google.com where you will find the circle in the picture.
- When you click on this section you can opt to change the photo.
- Once you select or upload a picture, you can select the section of the photo you wish to showcase.
- Once you are satisfied with the adjustments you can click on apply changes.
This will help you have a photo for your Gmail correspondence which would also be your Google+ photo.
If you wish to make changes to your picture through the app you will find the option to add a profile picture through Settings. In this drop down list you will find the option to add a profile picture under General subsection.
There are different effects you can achieve with your picture. You could choose to keep changing it, thus adding a fresh look and feel to your email correspondence every time. It is nice to add a human touch to your Gmail by adding a profile picture. The same picture also forms your profile on Google+ which can be your social media platform through which you correspond with different people.