Gmail is an invention by Google which is free, advertising-supported email service which has been provided by Google. This can be accessed on the web by the users. It provides the users a gigabyte of storage for their messages and also searches for specific messages. It also provides to organize the messages into a conversational thread. It has rich text features such as stylish fonts, colors, indents, bullets and more. Hence, Gmail offers a wide range of options and is securing than any other.
How to set up an account in iPhone or the iPad?
Setting up the Gmail account on iPhone and iPad is also very easy. The two devices provide the same rich interface which you can find on the desktop. In fact, thanks to the large screen size of the iPhone, the mailing process become the much seamless there. To set up an account in these two devices, you can follow the steps enlisted below:
- Open your settings app on iPad or iPhone which is usually on the home screen.
- Scroll down the menu and tap on the Passwords and Accounts.
- At the bottom of the Accounts section, you’ll find Add account and tap on it.
- Then tap on Google in the menu. At the bottom of the page, you can see a Create account button. Tap on it. If you have an existing account, you can connect it to your iPhone by typing in your username and following the instructions on screen for the sign-up.
- You have to fill in details as asked such as your First name, Last name, birthday, gender and then tap on next.
- Once done, you’ll be asked to fill in your desired username having the gmail.com as the address. One may have to try different options for the username if they’re already taken by someone else.
- You have to create a password which has to be at least 8 characters long having letters, numbers, and symbols. You have to confirm your password by re-entering it.
- You’re asked to provide your phone number on which the verification code will be sent by Google. After entering the verification code, continue and review the terms of service and click on I agree. Once you click on next, you’ll be taken to sign in into your Gmail account. You can also download the Gmail app.
How to sign up on Android?
Signing up on Android is a fairly simple process thanks to the Gmail app. The Gmail app comes pre-installed in most of the Android phones that you purchase and they auto-update themselves with time. Make sure to be regular with updates to ensure a great experience.
- Open your settings and tap on Accounts or Account and Sync option in the menu.
- Tap on add account and then tap on Google.
- When you tap on Create Account, you’ll be asked to fill in your personal details.
- Once done, you have to enter your desired username and password.
- You’ll have to enter your phone number as a verification code will be sent on it.
- After reviewing the terms of service, tap on I agree and then go to next where you’ll be taken to sign in to your account.
How to sign up on the Desktop?
Gmail is best experienced on the desktop thanks to the new themes feature. For opening a Gmail account on the desktop, one must do the following:
- Open your computer’s web browser and browse the link https://www.google.com/gmail/about/ which will provide you the information relating Gmail.
- Once understood, one can create a new account. Click on Create an account button provided on the top right corner of the browser window which will direct you to the account creation page.
- Fill in the details as asked such as First Name and Last Name. Then create your new Gmail username as shown in the textbox which has the address gmail.com.
- If you select a username that has already been taken, it’ll ask you to choose a different one.
- Once the username is created accordingly, you have to enter the password and confirm it. The passwords must match and then you can proceed ahead.
- When you click on the next button, you’ll be taken to a page that’ll ask you to select your account recovery options. Though it is not mandatory, to keep their account safe and secure, one can choose to recover their account by options such as providing their phone number or other recovery email address. Further, you have to enter your date of birth by using the drop-down list.
- After selecting the gender, click on the next button. If you have chosen your phone number as a recovery option, you may receive a code through a text message on your phone which is usually a 5 or 6 digit number. Enter the number and click on verify. You can also skip this option and complete the process later.
When you scroll down you’ll see terms of service list on the left side of the page. Click on I Agree to accept the terms of service and you’ll be taken to sign in to your Gmail account.
How to set up Android Gmail account through the sync settings?
Setting up the account through the sync settings is also a simple process and this is useful for future use.
- Open the Settings menu and go to Accounts.
- The accounts settings show your current sync settings and you can add your Google account.
- It will prompt you to sign in to your Google account.
- Enter your username and password.
- Select the services which you want to sync with.
So, these were the different methods to open an account in Gmail. Make sure you do yours today!